Frequently Asked Questions About Getting Texas Driving Records
You can order your Certified Type 3a Driving Record online from any device, anytime. We never stop working for our clients. We make it simple and fast.
We charge $29.95 with a convenience fee for Delivery of $4.95. This includes delivery to your email inbox securely and password protected for your availability anytime.
Absolutely, we use Secure Processing for all private information requests and for payments. A lock will appear in the Address Bar (URL) reflecting security. We don't store, nor sell your information.
We process all orders on business days and can typically have your Downloadable Report in your email inbox within *1 hour.
- Accurate Driver License number
- Date of birth
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security number (this must be on file with DPS)
- Audit number located at bottom of drivers license. (See Example Below)
We recommend Adobe Reader (Download Adobe Reader) The format is a PDF.
We also recommend access to a functional printer.
- Type 1 (Status Record): Name, date of birth (DOB), license status, and current address.
- Type 2 (3-year Driving History): Name, DOB, license status, list of accidents and moving violations on record within past 3-year period.
- Type 2A (Certified 3-year Driving History): Certified version of Type 2. (Not acceptable for Defensive Driving Course.)
- Type 3 (Complete Driving History): Name, DOB, license status, list of all accidents and violations on record.
- Type 3A (Certified Complete Driving History): Certified version of Type 3. (Acceptable for Defensive Driving Course.)
- Type AR (Abstract Driver Record): Certified abstract of complete Driving Record.
We can process only one record at a time. You can make additional requests an unlimited amount of times.
Absolutely, we provide a printable receipt upon each payment and request.
Commercial Driver License holders are eligible for this service.
We accept the following payment methods:
- American Express
Contact via live chat, phone, or email. We're here to help 8am-5pm PST Mon-Fri. After hours please use email and "trouble ticket" chat system at bottom of website.
Typically, most courts in Texas require you to have a Certified Type 3A Driving Record to submit along with your Defensive Driving Certificate of Completion.
In some cases it can take 6-8 months for your most recent defensive driving course certificate to show up on your driving record. Please allow the Department time to update records. We realize this can be frustrating. But it's a process and It will eventually reflect the completion.
In some cases, very few, we need additional information or possibly to verify what was entered. We will contact you via text, phone, or email. We seldom need anything additional, but in case we do we reach out.
We typically will email your record within minutes. However in the processing queue sometimes we get backed up. Please check your spam or junk folder as well to be sure it didn't get blocked.
The file is password protected, the password is your drivers license or identification number.
Please be sure you have Adobe Reader (Download Adobe Reader)